As a Project Principal with Momark Development, Steven Spears is focused on entitlements, large-scale land planning, and town-center development in Austin and Central Texas.
Steven has 23 years of experience as planner, urban designer, landscape architect and now a developer. Steven joined Momark in 2017, after 20 years of consulting. Prior to joining the company, Steven was a partner of an international award winning planning, design, and economics firm.
During his time at Momark, Steven has led the development plan and entitlements of the 2125 acre property known as Austin Green, the new home of Tesla. He is the co-principal leading the vision, land plan, and development of the Brick & Mortar District at Plum Creek, a 140 acre mixed-use town center development in Kyle, Texas, and the 100-acre mixed-use town center development in Austin’s Goodnight Ranch.
In 2015, Steven was inducted into the American Society of Landscape Architects National Council of Fellows, specifically for his work in design, infrastructure, and innovative stormwater management, one of the highest distinctions in these profession.
- The University of Texas at Austin, School of Design and Creative Technologies, Master of Fine Arts in Design
- Ball State University, College of Architecture and Planning, Bachelor of Landscape Architecture
Current Professional & Community Involvement
- American Society of Landscape Architects – National Council of Fellows (FASLA)
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP)
- Professional Landscape Architect (PLA)
- Urban Land Institute – member
- American Planning Association – member