As a Project Principal with Momark Development, Megan Shannon is experienced in all facets of community and land development in Austin and Central Texas.
Since joining Momark in 2014, Megan has been responsible for development of urban infill residential, mixed use and infrastructure projects, and greenfield land development including creating a municipal utility district at the Texas legislature.
Megan has been the development manager of the $100MM+ redevelopment of the RBJ Center into the Hatchery, a mixed-income and mixed-age community in Central East Austin, including responsibility for the entire project lifecycle of The Weaver residences.
Since 2015 Megan has implemented the master development plan for the Plum Creek planned community in Kyle, Texas, including disposition & development of over 550 acres of land for commercial sales.
Prior to joining Momark, Megan secured, administered and implemented federally funded regional transportation and sustainable energy projects throughout New England, made possible through grant allocations from the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (ARRA).
- The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, Master of Science, Community & Regional Planning
- Lewis & Clark College, Portland, OR, Bachelor of Arts, Environmental Studies
Current Professional & Community Involvement
- Insure Central Texas – Certified Affordable Care Act (ACA) Enrollment Specialist
- Urban Land Institute – Austin Chapter Treasurer, Executive Management Committee
- Greater San Marcos Partnership – Board Member, Finance Committee, January 2021
- Central Texas American Planning Association Award Recipient for Quantifying the Impacts of Regulatory Delay on Housing Affordability and Quality in Austin